I watched multiple YouTube reviews trying to determine the best shade for me. In the
Since i was travelling to Boston for work and it was a great opportunity for me to get a bottle. So I headed to the mall and against my better judgement allowed the MUA at the counter match my shade. Big mistake, in my experience none black MUA’s cannot match black skin to save their lives
Thankfully I was passing through a large airport on my way back and was able to get the right shade.
This is a full coverage oil-free liquid foundation with controlling properties which provides a flawless finish for up to 24-hours. It even boasts being able to do this in hot and humid weather providing a natural-looking matte finish. It is suitable for all skin types Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily.
Appearance and Packaging
The foundation comes in a square frosted bottle with a gold cap
If you haven’t read my post about brands that have an extensive shade range read it here. Estee Lauder double wear
My face can be an oil slick and this foundation lasts a good 4 -5 hours before my face oils start to break through. I have never tested its ability to last 24
This is a full coverage foundation and it does exactly that, with this all I need is one coat and all my blemishes even really dark pigmentation appear are non -existent.
Estee Lauder double wear foundation gives a soft matte finish and there are no words to describe how good it looks your skin. It gives a soft focus look and does not move once it sets. So if you are worried about your foundation melting or moving on your skin this is one for you. It also provides full coverage with just one layer with little or no creasing under the eyes to emphasisze lines or pores.
Oily/combo skin as it dries very matte.
- A Long-lasting foundation which stays in place even in brutal heat and humidity
- A little goes a long way so start with less than you think you need and go from there
- It does not need a primer with and there is minimal need for a setting powder
- It is full coverage and does not look cakey with less texture on my skin
- Great shade range and great for my super oily skin as does not transfer
- It is extremely blendable but dries quickly so you need to work fast because when it sets it sets
- There is no pump and I am not sure why? this makes it easy for the product to spill
- Although it says it is suitable for all skin types, the foundation dries matte and reviews from people with other skin types have said it was drying.
- it is expensive, as it is a higher end foundation so many not be a foundation you use daily
- There is no pump, so you need to the pump separately which adds additional cost
This can be applied with a brush or a damp beauty blender depending on your preference.
I would give this a solid 4.5/5, the only thing that takes away half a point is the absence of a pump. It also cost a bit expensive when you include the cost of a pump which adds an additional $10
Available at Sephora Boots or in any place where makeup is sold
In conclusion, this a foundation that I would recommend with no reservations. Have you used Estee Lauder Double wear foundation? if so what has been your experience.