I love face oils and have written about why you should include them in your routine. Rosehip oil is one of the face oils that are in my constant rotation because of the benefits and the fact it is suitable for my oily skin. Since my regular Rosehip oil l from Trilogy had run out I decided to try out the one from the ordinary to see if it would be a good replacement.
What is it?
This ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil is cold-pressed and organic which is important because the very important constituents which improve your skin tone degrade oil extraction process involves heat. So it is cold-pressed was a plus and should be the standard when you are looking for any face oil.
Rosehip oil is moisturising and has been shown to reduce signs of photo-ageing (ageing from sunlight), reduce hyperpigmentation other skin conditions
Appearance and packaging
The rosehip oil comes in the ordinary’s standard white and basic packaging in an amber bottle which protects the contents from UV rays. It has a yellow-amber colour with a slightly thick and heavy consistency without any disenable smell.
How to use
I use this product daily once a day at bedtime at the end of my routine after I have applied all my other water-based products to seal it all in.
Now if you have not used rosehip oil before make sure that you patch test to make sure that you are not allergic.
Pros of using Rosehip oil
- It is highly moisturizing for your skin
- Rosehip oil promotes skin healing and stretch marks
- It has antibacterial properties as well as retinoid which helps with the reduction of acne
- Rosehip oil may reduce the appearance of scars and hyperpigmentation
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties reduces the severity of eczema, especially if a person uses it alongside conventional eczema treatments.
- Has anti-oxidant properties due to its vitamin C content
- Rosehip oil is very easily absorbed by the skin so does not clog the pores.
- Rosehip oil is generally safe but like any product may cause allergic reactions in some people
Who is it for?
Rosehip oil is suitable for all skin types because it is gentle, not comedogenic
This product was a dud for me, unfortunately. It felt quite heavy on my skin and took some time to absorb. In addition, I broke out with a pimple the very next day I applied it and it happened every time.
It comes in basic packaging with a dropper, but this is standard for all face oils so no issues there.
Value for money: 3/5
it costs between N6000-N7000 which makes it extremely affordable, however, because it doesn’t work for me I wouldn’t consider that it has value for money. But if it works for you then it is good
Ease of use 5/5
It is extremely easy to use, just put a few drops in your face and pat in and you are good.
Overall rating 3/5
This product didn’t work for me at all, so I will have to convert the face oil to another use. Would I rebuy again no but if you want to try it you can find it on.
Where to buy
- Trilogy certified organic Rosehip oil
- Revolution Rosehip Seed Oil – Gold Elixir
- GOW Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil
- The Inkey list Rosehip Oil
Do you like this product? what other rosehip oil brands do you like to use?Follow me on social media